Applications for extension should be made within sixty days prior to the expiration of the residence permit and, in any case, before the expiration of the residence permit.
- First you should visit the following online residence permit application
page and choose “extension of the duration of residence permit”
- Fill in the form very carefully. (If you have
several names, make sure that you write your first names and surname in the
- After completing the form, select an
appointment date for your residence permit renewal application. Write down your
- After you fill the form and select the appointment
date, you should get a print of your application form.
(This is very important!)
- International students have to prepare documents (as
listed below) related to residence permit renewal
Documents Required for Residence Permit Renewal
- Printed copy of the renewal application form obtained
on the system of E-Ikamet.
(After printing, you should sign the required place
on the form)
- Original copy and photocopy of passport or passport
Original copy and photocopy of passport or passport including picture, identification information and visa
- 4 Biometric photos taken within the last 6 months in
front of a plain white background.
- Original health insurance covering the extension
- Student Certificate that should be recently dated and
(It can be obtained from student affairs department)
- A document involving recent address information (A-1)
- The receipt of E- Ikamet card payment and tax number
- Photocopy of the both sides of the old residence
- The statement of income form (G-1)
- Students under 18 years of age;
- Deed of consent (apostille or with embassy approved foreign ministerial approval and Turkish Translation)
- Birth Certificate (apostille or with embassy approved foreign ministerial approval and notorized Turkish Translation)
You must send extension applications via mail by PTT registered mail or courier service. Applications sent by ordinary mail will not be accepted! The documents must be sent within 5 business days after application is made on the system. Applications which are not received by mail will not be evaluated. All required documents together with the receipts (one copies of the receipt will remain with you) must be sent to the provincial directorate of migration management to which application is made by PTT registered mail or courier service within a big A4 size envelope within 5 business days. Please note that if you make your renewal application after expiration date, you should make as first time applications within 10 days from expiration date and you are subject to a small fine.
Please note that if you make your renewal application after expiration date, you should make as first time applications within 10 days from expiration date and you are subject to a small fine.