Applications are made directly to the online application system. Students can apply for up to three academic programs listed in order of preference. Students placed in an academic program will be announced the online application system with their given code. Students accepted for studies at Istanbul Okan University will receive a Full acceptance letter (the second letter) issued by the International Office. They will then apply for a visa at the nearest Turkish Consulate in their home countries.
Required Documents for Online Application
- High School Diploma
- High School Transcripts (Last three years)
The documents in languages other than English or Turkish must be translated and certified at the Turkish Consulate in the home country.
Required Documents for Official Registration:
- Original High School Diploma or the original of an equivalent certificate (and an official
- translation into English or Turkish)
- Transcripts of records for the 10th, 11th and 12th years (and the official translation into English or Turkish)
- Equivalency certificate (“denklik”) of your high school diploma issued by the Turkish Ministry of Education. (Note: This is a certificate, which proves that your diploma is accepted as an equivalent of a Turkish high school diploma, by the Turkish government. It can be obtained either at the Turkish Consulate in your country or at the National Education Directorate in Istanbul. You should submit the originals and translations of your high school diploma and transcript of records for the equivalence certificate)
- Copy of Full Acceptance Letter
- Passport (and photocopies)
- Student visa